Research Engineer (Laboratory Operations)
You will work as an integral part of the laboratory operations team, providing support to the laboratory manager in operations and related laboratory duties such as core equipment training, procurement and safety matters.
• Supervise users on core, prototyping and fabrication equipment, including training and equipment usage management
• Schedule equipment maintenance/repairs and calibration
• Liaise with vendors for related laboratory duties
• Perform purchase requisitions
• Support the operations team on laboratory safety and documentation
• Other ad-hoc duties
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field from a reputable university
• At least one year of working experience in a research/laboratory environment and familiarity with research operations
• Working experience in rapid prototyping, CAD or cleanroom microfabrication is preferred, but not necessary
• Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with the team members
• Passionate in mastering research instruments and passing on knowledge to users
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV and three references (name, institution, email) to Dr Donny Liang (email@example.com) and Dr Wang Lili (firstname.lastname@example.org). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Institute for Health Innovation & Technology (iHealthtech), National University of Singapore
iHealthtech’s vision on “Advancing Health through Innovation” aims to address clinical challenges and needs by developing innovative health technologies and solutions in disease detection, diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment. The institute also focuses on translating health technology, incubating startups, and nurturing young scientists, engineers, and entrepreneurs to impact patients and society.