Research Engineer (HATCH)
We have a research engineer position opening in the Healthtech Translation Hub (HATCH) team at the Institute for Health Innovation & Technology, National University of Singapore (NUS). HATCH focuses on translating innovative technologies from lab to clinic and market. This position provides an exciting opportunity to work on translational research and development projects between scientists, engineers, and clinicians.
You will work as an integral member of the HATCH translation team, supporting translational managers in operations, administrative tasks and research translation.
We are looking for a passionate and self-motivated research engineer to join our team for the following key tasks
- Work with different teams to translate research-driven technology into products
- Review literature, draft product requirements
- Develop customized hardware and software algorithm for different applications
- Develop and execute proof-of-concept studies or pilot trials
- Present research technology to potential collaborators and investors
- Supervise users on core, prototyping and fabrication equipment, including training and equipment usage management
- Schedule equipment maintenance/repairs and calibration
- Liaise with vendors for related laboratory duties
- Perform purchase requisitions
- Support the operations team on laboratory safety and documentation
- Assist in technology-related workshops, seminars and conferences, and other ad hoc tasks that may be assigned in the course of duty
The appointment would start as soon as possible.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, biomedical engineering or related technical discipline from a reputable university
- Working experience in a research/laboratory environment and familiarity with research operations will be an advantage
- Experience in rapid prototyping and CAD is preferred.
- Experience in sensor technology or flexible electronics preferred
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
Institute for Health Innovation & Technology (iHealthtech), National University of Singapore
iHealthtech’s vision of “Advancing Health through Innovation” aims to address clinical challenges and needs by developing innovative health technologies and solutions in disease detection, diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment. The institute also focuses on translating health technology, incubating startups, and nurturing young scientists, engineers, and entrepreneurs to impact patients and society.