We are seeking a passionate and self-motivated research engineer to join Healthtech Translation Hub (HATCH) at the Institute of Health Innovation & Technology (iHealthtech), National University of Singapore (NUS). HATCH focuses on the translation of innovative technologies from lab to clinic and market. You will work on health technologies projects and support iHealthtech scientists in their translation efforts. This position provides an exciting opportunity to work on translational research and development projects between scientists, engineers, and clinicians.
- Work with different teams to translate research-driven technology into products.
- Review literature and draft product requirements.
- Develop and execute proof-of-concept studies or pilot trials.
- Oversee prototype development, testing and debugging.
- Manage relationships with external vendors, including design firms and ensure project deliverables are met on time and budget.
- Perform design for manufacturability / usability / reliability studies.
- Communicate with manufacturing vendors on scalable production.
- Assist in technology-related workshops, seminars and conferences, and other ad hoc tasks that may be assigned in the course of duty.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the execution of project deliverables and provide recommendations for risk mitigation. The appointment can start immediately.
- Singaporean Citizen or Singaporean PR preferred.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, biomedical engineering or related technical discipline.
- Experience in product development and project management, preferably in instrumentation, including familiarity with both hardware and software.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
Institute for Health Innovation & Technology (iHealthtech), National University of Singapore
At iHealthtech, we envision advancing health through innovation, integration of smart technology and on-demand health solution. We value interdisciplinary teamwork between scientists, engineers, and clinicians. We embrace entrepreneurship and industrial collaboration. We push frontier science to meet patients’ needs.